eric@lucii.org on Fri, 15 Nov 2002 08:05:22 -0500

Re: [PLUG] Problem Launching Script from KDE Menu

Chris:

I done this successfully a number of times:

Right click on the desktop and select:
   Create New -> Link to Application
from the menu.

On the general tab you can:
   Enter the text that goes below the icon instead of "Link to
      Application"
   click on the icon and select a new one

On the execute tab you go to the box under the "command" label
and put the FQ script name (/home/cshank/bin/myfile.sh) in there.

At that point, click okay and you're usually ready to go.

Eric

On Thu, Nov 14, 2002 at 11:44:42PM -0500, W. Chris Shank wrote:
> I have some java programs that are launched via a .sh script. I'd like
> to be able to launch these from the KDE menu, but am having no success.
> Does an yone know how to setup the KDE menu to correctly launch a
> command line program like this? If I run from CLI, they are fine.
>
> Thanks

#   Eric Allan Lucas
# "Oh, I have slipped the surly bond of earth
#  And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings..
#              -- John Gillespie Magee Jr.