Martin DiViaio on Sat, 16 Nov 2002 09:31:15 -0500

Re: [PLUG] WiFI config

Does the kernel (or cardmgr) recognize the card? If so, as what?

Chances are, the driver module for the card is not loading when you insert
the card. This could be because the module is not installed or the card is
not recognized to run with one of the existing modules.

See http://www.80211-planet.com/tutorials/article.php/953531 for a brief
tutorial and links to other resources.

If you think that the card is 100% hardware based and only needs a basic
driver to communicate; there are a couple of generic ethernet drivers in
pcmcia-cs you can try to get the card up and running. Setting that up is
fairly easy but non-trivial.

I've never used the kernel's internal pcmcia support (I'm use to pcmcia-cs
and feel it's more mature/stable) so I couldn't say what is available or
how to force it to load.