Paul on Mon, 18 Nov 2002 08:31:26 -0500

Re: [PLUG] near total kablooie

I bought a refurb monitor one time. I made the mistake of letting them give me a monitor from stock instead of the one I actually looked at to make my decision. It had problems so I drove many miles to get a replacement. The replacement eventually had problems and failed.

Although, the monitor in front of me was purchased new, it has been randomly turning blue.

*Final answer: Buy a new, high quality monitor with a good warranty.*

As far as KVMs go, why bother?  Why not use VNC or something like that?

eric@lucii.org wrote:

I cannot comment on refurb monitors since I just started
using one last week :-)

For a KVM I use a Belkin OmniView SE 4 port.  I use their
cables too so it was a tad expensive setting it all up.

approximate: $125 + 4($20) = $205

The OmniView SE has trouble with some keyboards like the
Microsoft "natural internet" keyboard. It worked randomly.
How can Microsoft screw up HARDWARE???