JP Toto on Mon, 18 Nov 2002 11:21:32 -0500

Re: [PLUG] near total kablooie

I've always had a problem w/ this practice. If I pay for a new monitor and it's defective... don't I deserve a new replacement? Mitusbishi almost did that to me before the service guy told me to whack the side of the monitor which my hand to get rid of the vertical scan lines. To my surpise it worked but if it didn't they were going to send me a refurb. At the time it was an $800 22inch monitor. If I payed that kinda money for something and it was broke - I want a new one to replace it. Im I in the minority here?

Paul wrote:
TO look at it another way, the monitor that you returned was also used, so they gave you an equivalent replacement.

mike.h wrote:

Some manufactures actually give you a different refurbished monitor if the
one you bought new has to be returned because it doesn't work properly. I
had this happen with NEC a few years ago. I was annoyed at the time, but
they were within their right as specified in the fine print. Fortunately,
the monitor still works 4 years later.

JP Toto
ViceClown@yahoo.com