eric@lucii.org on Fri, 22 Nov 2002 14:20:06 -0500

Re: [PLUG] ssh question

Hummm, that's not what _I'm_ trying to do.

I want to start ssh and NOT get a password prompt if
I'm connecting as the same user on the other computer.

What options work then?

I've done "man [ssh|sshd|ssh-agent]" and I'm just not
understanding how it works.  Any options I change make no
difference or stop me from connecting altogether.

Where do I go to understand more about how to configure
ssh|sshd to get what I want?  "sshd for Dummies"?
Eric

On Fri, Nov 22, 2002 at 01:37:23PM -0500, epike@isinet.com wrote:
> > The server may still prompt for a password but if you lock the
> > password they can never authenticate.  'passwd -l <username>'
> >
> > I believe they should still be able to access the account via the
> > public key authentication.
>
> Thanks it works!  sshd still prompts for password but user can't
> go in without private/public authentication.
>
> e pike

#   Eric Allan Lucas
# "Oh, I have slipped the surly bond of earth
#  And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings..
#              -- John Gillespie Magee Jr.