Time on Mon, 2 Dec 2002 21:35:20 -0500

Re: [PLUG] Java Applets in Konqueror and Mozilla

On Mon, Dec 02, 2002 at 08:24:09PM -0500, Kevin D. McAllister wrote:
> That is probably becuase you have "java" defined in your USE variable
> in /etc/make.conf

(root@hour)~ grep USE= /etc/make.conf
#USE="X gtk gnome -alsa"
USE="-slang -nls -3dnow -apm -cups -kde -arts bonobo cdr tcltk aalib lcms tiff gd esd nas plotutils perl"

>  When you emerged KDE and Konqueror it built a JRE (probably blackdown) and
>  put links to the plugins in the right place.

Yes, it looks like it built the jdk, but not the jre. o_O

(root@hour)~ emerge -s blackdown
Searching...
[ Results for search key : blackdown ]
[ Applications found : 2 ]

*  dev-java/blackdown-jdk
      Latest version available: 1.3.1-r7
      Latest version installed: 1.3.1-r7
      Size of downloaded files: 65,522 kB
      Homepage:    http://www.blackdown.org

*  dev-java/blackdown-jre
      Latest version available: 1.3.1-r7
      Latest version installed: [ Not Installed ]
      Size of downloaded files: 34,271 kB
      Homepage:    http://www.blackdown.org

It was trying to fool me into thinking it was built-in. 8)

--
Regards,

Time

   13