dwild on Wed, 4 Dec 2002 07:10:15 -0500

Re: [PLUG] Laptop reboots -- Comcast or static or age?

One cheap solution I used at a former company was to rub one or two dryer
sheets around on the carpet near the servers.  This worked surprisingly
well to keep the static from building up, as long as I remembered to
ground myself while entering the server room (this was easy because the
metal door latch made a circuit to ground with the metal door frame).

-joel