Tobias DiPasquale on Sat, 7 Dec 2002 11:39:05 -0500

Re: [PLUG] RH compile help - Thank you!

On Fri, 2002-12-06 at 22:11, W. Chris Shank wrote:
> Anyway - I'm now able to successfully get sbp2, ohci1394 loaded - in
> fact - they load by default in rh stock kernel. what i've discovered is
> that i need to rmmod ohci1394 and sbp2 then modprobe ohci1394 to reload
> them both. once i do that, they firewire cd is available as scd0. now
> i'm just trying to get these to load correctly on boot up. i tried to
> move them lower in the modules.conf and then even commented them out,
> but still the load incorrectly. Anyone have a clue what i need to do?
> dmesg's and modules.conf below.

Why don't you try just compiling the pertinent modules statically into
the kernel? That usually works for me when modules are acting up...
unless you already tried that and it didn't work.

--
<< Tobias DiPasquale >>
UNIX Software Engineer