gabriel rosenkoetter on Tue, 10 Dec 2002 11:20:07 -0500

Re: [PLUG] SPAM from being a list member/poster

On Mon, Dec 09, 2002 at 05:42:03PM -0500, Paul wrote:
> Timothy Lee Young wrote:
> >I know SPAMers can use e-mail addresses on internet-searchable list
> >archives, of which I believe this is one.

PLUG has no archives right now, much less Internet-searchable ones.
Whether or not to mask the email addresses in the archive has come
up before. I don't recall the resolution because I don't, personally,
care, as my email address is far too widespread on web pages by
way of NetBSD mailing lists and Bugtraq for any PLUG archive to
make a difference.

If you're worried about spammers finding your email address by
performing a web search, it's quite simple to see if it's out there.
Perform a web search on your email address.

--
gabriel rosenkoetter
gr@eclipsed.net