Greg Lopp on Sun, 15 Dec 2002 13:26:50 -0500

Re: [PLUG] LDAP screwup

1) Start w/ a recovery tool like Tom's Root Boot
(http://www.toms.net/rb/) or similar.
2) Reboot the system with said tool, avoiding the use of your now
confused configuration which lies on the HD.
3) Mount the HD, edit /etc/passwd, /etc/pam.d or whatever it is that
tells the logins to use LDAP and ultimately fail.
4) Reboot conventionally

repeat as necessary