Beldon Dominello on Mon, 30 Dec 2002 23:26:05 -0500

[PLUG] SAMBA weirdness

I have an interesting problem with SAMBA on my Suse 8.1 box.  I'm running the
standard SuSE package and I can hook into it via my Windows 98 box, as wel as
use the shared directory on my SAMBA box.

The problem seems to be the printer.  I can see the printer, install it, and
send print jobs to it, but they just seem to go nowhere.  All indications are
that the SAMBA server received the job, but no output can be found anywhere
on the target printer (Epson Stylus Photo 820, USB, and yes it works locally
on the SuSE box).

Any insights?  Thanx!

	-Beldon

--
"I couldn't remember when I had been so disappointed.  Except perhaps
the time I found out that M&Ms really *do* melt in your hand ..."