leroy on Tue, 31 Dec 2002 05:41:02 -0500

Re: [PLUG] Debian install

You said that it works in Coral which is a Debian Distribution.  With the
Coral cd loaded look at /etc/etc/X11/XF86Config and see what mouse
protocal they are using.  Also, are you trying to load version 3 or
version 4 of X?  Since you say Coral works, I would guess that X works
under version 3.  Also, don't attempt to run gpm and X at the same time.

On Version 3 of X you have to match your Video Card with the default X
Server.  Now with the Corel GUI Install they use the VGA16 xserver at
640x480 resolution at 8bpp for the install process just like windows falls
back on.  Needless to say you want to run a much nicer screen when you
have the system installed so you need to match your hardware with the
appropriate XServer.

I would hazard to guess that your mouse is running as psaux if it is a
standard mouse.

I hope that this helps in some way

LeRoy