Vinord Anand on Tue, 31 Dec 2002 23:57:17 -0500

[PLUG] Modem Buys

I had posted to this list earlier about setting up my SM56 PCI
motorola modem on my Red Hat Linux 7.3 for Internet access.
I have since given up on this modem and would like to buy a new
modem.I am using a Pentium II machine.

>From your collective experience ,which internal PCI modem
would be the easiest and less troublefree to set up on RH 7.3
>From my search on the web almost every internal modem
requires quite bit of effort to set up on Iinux machine unlike
Win machines where only a few mouse clicks are required
to set up almost any new hardware.

I would like to purchase an internal PCI modem which is not
a soft/winmodem and has drivers available and built specifically
for my kernel version 2.4.18-3 and which won't require any kernel
configurations or any other tweaking of the kernel to make it
usable for dial up PPP connection.

Regards
vin