Mike Leone on Thu, 02 Jan 2003 23:50:31 -0500

[PLUG] [Proposed Presentation: Defending Home Networks]

I received the following proposal for a presentation the other day. Along
with a 2.6 meg unannounced attachment. Twice. :-) Good thing I'm not still
on dialup.

Anyway, the attachment was a 67 page PDF of very colorful slides for what I
presume will be in the talk - everything from SANS to CERT, to ethereal, to snort, to
defense in depth. Looks quite comprehensive. I can't quite tell if it's
meant to just be informative, or if he's trying to peddle something. Not
that that would matter all that much, I don't think. It would be like a vendor
presentation, which we've had before (the recent RedHat Tour, the e-smith
presentation).

Our next free month is in July. I'm going to write this guy, and ask him to
speak to PLUG, unless there are major objections? (besides that fact that he
uses AOL, that is :-) Room 101 at USP should quite easily meet their
requirements, I think.

Thoughts? I'm thinking about emaiing him over the weekend, on Sunday
perhaps.

----- Forwarded message from Lewisjwl@aol.com -----

----- End forwarded message -----

Member, LEAF Project <http://leaf.sourceforge.net>    AIM: MikeLeone