gabriel rosenkoetter on Wed, 8 Jan 2003 11:59:21 -0500

Re: [PLUG] SPARC Question

On Wed, Jan 08, 2003 at 11:41:38AM -0500, Tom wrote:
> The SGI Indys I played with a couple of years ago had regular PS/2 Keyboard
> and mouse connectors.  The older SGIs used a setup like the old ADB Macs,
> Mouse connects to keyboard to computer.

... and I still say that, unless it's labeled as such, that's *not*
PS/2.

I only have an Indigo, which connects in the way you describe--mouse
to keyboard to ssystem, but that matches the format of a PS/2 plug
but not an ADB one. Can't speak for Indys.

No matter what, *no* Sun uses PS/2. More recent ones use USB (I
*think* only SunFire and later age), older ones use (proprietary?)
Sun-specific connectors.

--
gabriel rosenkoetter
gr@eclipsed.net