Kam Salisbury on Sun, 12 Jan 2003 10:42:06 -0500

Re: [PLUG] Server Recommendation

----- Original Message -----
From: "gabriel rosenkoetter" <gr@eclipsed.net>
To: <plug@lists.phillylinux.org>
Sent: Sunday, January 12, 2003 9:42 AM
Subject: Re: [PLUG] Server Recommendation

--snip
>Software RAID? Are you joking?

No. It works fine in that it is very reliable in that particular
installation.

>I think the upgrades you do work for a certain category of user,
>wholly separate from the category of user I serve (who expect to
>spin all the processors at peak for days operating on several
>terabytes of data across NFS), which may be the real source of our
>difference in opinion on this.
--snip

Absolutely, a different category of user indeed. I respect your opinion. I
do not feel that enterprise level hardware is the best choice for all
applications, it really is a matter of fiscal and design flexibility.

011010110110000101101101

Kam Salisbury
MCSE, Linux+, CNA -- Believer in Open Source.
http://www.kamsalisbury.com