Jesse Huestis on Sun, 12 Jan 2003 11:40:06 -0500

Re: [PLUG] wireless router

Throwing my two cents in, I have been installing Linksys, Intel and DLink access points/routers for my clients using the 801.1b standard. The best deals I found were on the Linksys and DLinks. Buy.com is good, but check pricescan.com for best prices.

the g standard is the best yet offering the best range and speed. I have also heard that there maybe standards issues, but they appear to have been resolved. Linksys claims their new product meets industry standards. The best part is the WEP standards and the encryption key strength. This coupled with the range make it the best product in thorie. I have yet to play with it, but I have a client who is going to try it in his hugh warehouse in the next month or so.

Of the b standard I like the DLink x2 product as it offfers 22 mbs per sec and I have not had any directional issues with laptop PCMCIA card. I have client going 500 feet plus successfully out doors! Linksys is slightly easier to setup, but I like the firewall features of the DLink better.

Jesse

Linksys is easier to setup

Stratos Parisiou wrote:

Buy.com has the Gold Card for under $70.

http://www.buy.com/retail/product.asp?sku=10324157&loc=101

Stratos

----- Original Message ----- From: "gabriel rosenkoetter" <gr@eclipsed.net>