gabriel rosenkoetter on Tue, 14 Jan 2003 11:14:06 -0500

Re: [PLUG] Sun Ultra 10, Install Help

At 1/14/03 09:12, Naresh wrote:
> Okay, I have tried that still does NOT work.

Check the cdrecord man page. I'll be there's something special you
need to do to a cdrom to put a boot sector on it.

> by the way in the prom i types in "devalias", and the cdrom section
> looks
> like this:
>
> cdrom /pci@1f,0/pci@1,1/ide@3/cdrom@2,0:f

Well, is that where your CD-ROM actually lives in the OpenFirmware
device tree or not?

If so, then

  > boot cdrom

should work.

If that fails, try:

  > boot cdrom:0,0

(but you shouldn't need to specify a device and partition to boot
from if the CD-ROM's burned correctly.)

If that *still* doesn't work, give us the output of:

  > dev /pci@1f,0/pci@1,1/ide@3 ls
  > dev /pci@1f,0/pci@1,1/ide@3/cdrom@2,0:f ls

(There'll be a lot of it, you may want to connect a serial terminal
and change the input and output variables accordingly.)

--
gabriel rosenkoetter
gr@eclipsed.net