LeRoy Cressy on Wed, 15 Jan 2003 12:10:33 -0500

Re: [PLUG] PLUG phone amusement

Even though the person asking for advice is not the brightest in the world, we should be helpful and help one more convert over from the evil empire. I applaud Jeff for the help that he gave.

W. Chris Shank wrote:
That's freaky.

So he knew you but didn't want to tell you his name?

You should have told him that his motherboard would only except a Slot 1
P3,  and that it may look like the processor doesn't fit or even is of the
same configuration - but that it just needs a little forceful coaxing to
get it in there.

I'll bet he never asks a stranger for stupid advise again.

Just got a call from Ken Nosal (according to caller ID, he preferred not
to id himself), 215/735-5967. He mentioned being a student at the
University of the Arts.

He said someone at Compaq suggested he look on the web, and he'd found
my name through a "lie-nix" website. He wanted to know how fast a
processor he could put on his motherboard.

I politely suggested he search on google, that I had no idea. He asked a
few questions about linux, which I answered and then suggested he
subscribe to the list if he wanted to know more than a few questions on
the phone could answer.

Maybe there are people so naive as to call strangers and ask such
questions, but I'm wondering myself if its a psychology
experiment. Anyway, I'm curious if others hear from him.

--
Jeff

- -- Rev. LeRoy D. Cressy mailto:leroy@lrcressy.com /\_/\
http://lrcressy.com ( o.o )
Phone: 215-535-4037 > ^ <

gpg fingerprint:  62DE 6CAB CEE1 B1B3 359A  81D8 3FEF E6DA 8501 AFEA