Naresh on Wed, 15 Jan 2003 23:41:03 -0500

[PLUG] Linux Install Question: Ultra Sparc

I am trying to install Suse 7.2/3 on an Ultra Sparc 10, I am trying to do
a network install. I connected the uSparc and the Linux box (debian)with a
Cat
5/Crossover cable. And I am pretty sure that they both communication with
each other.

On the sparc box I do: "boot net" and on the console of the Linux box I
get some error (thats how I know the connection is working).

My REAL question is, how do I set up tftp server on the linux. I installed
it using "apt-get install tftpd" and I put this in my /etc/xinetd.conf :

service tftp
{
        socket_type     = dgram
        protocol        = udp
        wait            = yes
        user            = tftp
        server          = /usr/sbin/in.tftpd
        server_args     = -l /tftpboot
}

then I did
# /etc/init.d/xinetd restart

and it restarts fine...BUT I can't seem to get to it!

#netstat -plut

does not show the service...

Any suggestion/help?

TIA