Fred K Ollinger on Fri, 17 Jan 2003 16:01:08 -0500

xcruise [silly, OT] was Re: [PLUG] gui file manager recommendations

> I really like konqueror, but I find myself using window maker more and
> more for the speed.  I miss the konqueror as file manager, though.
>
> any favorites to recommend.
>
> xfm seems abandoned/orphaned.  amexplorer is only binary and doesn't do
> much in terms of features.  I don't mind loading gtk, but I don't want
> to load all of the kde or the gnome libraries.  I tried installing
> xcruise, but just couldn't satisfy dependencies.  Looked good, though.

I just installed it (debian package). It is totally awesome.

You can literally cruise through your filesystem like a space ship. I hit
some heavy stuff when I made the jump into /dev. Wow! I'm a bit lost now
at the edge of the universe, I mean filesystem at sector 150/180, but I'm
getting back to /etc.

I guess this is not conductive to work, but it's a great ride.

Gotta go see if I can fly back to /home for dinner.

Buckle up.

Fred Ollinger