epike on Tue, 21 Jan 2003 13:03:05 -0500

Re: [PLUG] Certifications

their website quotes trainings in the $2000 range,
the exams are in the high 100's...according to
their website these include "performance-based,
meaning that candidates must perform tasks on
a live system, rather than answering questions
about how one might perform those tasks"....

for ordinary people like myself who is not a
sysadmin the LPI seems an excellent alternative
at $100 per exam....

BTW the LPI questions are hard (not that I had
other exams to compare it with).

jondz/epike