Edmund Goppelt on Thu, 23 Jan 2003 11:01:07 -0500

[PLUG] Linux Accountant

Hi all.

Does anyone have a recommendation for a good accountant who could help
me set up my web site as a business?  I'm looking preferably for
somebody who can:

1. Is clueful about setting up and running computer related businesses
2. Help me navigate Philadelphia's byzantine tax system (I live in the
City).

The business in question is my good government web site, Hallwatch.
I've run the site as a hobby for the past two years, but Hallwatch has
taken off and I need to set up some sort of formal business structure
if only so I can accept checks for my Open Records Project legal fund
(I'm suing the City of Philadelphia to compel the release of public
records.  You can read about it here:  http://www.hallwatch.org/news).

Thanks in advance for any help, advice, suggestions you care to offer.
I have found this list to be a great help in the past.

--

Ed Goppelt, Webmaster
http://www.hallwatch.org