Christian Hedemark on Tue, 28 Jan 2003 10:41:04 -0500

RE: [PLUG] Encrypted File Systems

OK it's not on Linux but it is *BSD and perhaps there is a workalike in
Linux.

On OS X I often will use Disk Copier to create a disk image file (*.dmg)
and set it as encrypted.  In the file system it just looks like a file,
but when you open it up it prompts for a passphrase and then mounts
itself as a filesystem.  Kind of like the loopback file system in linux
when you mount an ISO image, except within the boundaries of the
filesize that you preset when making the file you can actually write to
it.

Christian J Hedemark II
"Unix is user friendly. He's just very picky about who his friends are."

information of CC3 that may be confidential, proprietary and/or legally
privileged, and is intended to be read and used solely by the individuals
or entities named as recipients on this message.  Without limiting the
foregoing, all copyrightable graphics, content and documents, and all
trademarks, service marks and trade names, contained in this e-mail message
or any attachment are exclusively owned by CC3, and no rights are granted
in such tent and materials except as expressly stated in this notice.