gabriel rosenkoetter on Tue, 28 Jan 2003 16:21:05 -0500

Re: [PLUG] Encrypted File Systems

On Tue, Jan 28, 2003 at 10:19:33AM -0500, Bradley Molnar wrote:
> Has anyone used one in the past and found it to work well, etc?  I tried
> google and found quite a few, but, I couldn't find anything about the
> quality of them.

Well, this appeared in NetBSD's GENERIC kernel config fairly
recently:

pseudo-device cgd   4 # cryptographic disk devices

It's commented by default. I uncommented it for my system's kernel,
but I haven't played yet. This is Roland C. Dowdeswell's work (who,
it occurs to me, I met at a bar in NYC while I was interning for
Wasabi), though he doesn't say much of anything about it or peer
review on http://www.imrryr.org/~elric/.

Looks like it works basically the same way that NetBSD's disk image
foo does.

--
gabriel rosenkoetter
gr@eclipsed.net