jeff on Tue, 28 Jan 2003 20:22:06 -0500

Re: [PLUG] "Friends don't let friends use Dell"

Interesting.... I've worked in 2 Dell shops recently.  They seemed ok a
few years back but lately I'm wondering.... it seems every laptop we
purchase develops this odd problem with the keyboard and the cursor
jumping around.  One desktop series developed bad motherboards shortly
after firing them up.

Their `service' is sometimes lacking.

ME: the computer won't boot
Them: how do you know?
ME: when I hit POWER, it doesn't come on
And yes, I reseated all the cards, connectors, cpu, and memory.
Them: have you run the diagnostics?
ME: no, the computer won't come UP to run the diagnostics.
etc. etc.

Statistically we're doing pretty well though.

We use the Optiplex 260's.  Ours are neither shiny, cutesy, nor equipped
with tiny cdrom drives.  They're rather large and open like a clamshell,
which is a HUGE improvement over some of their previous cases, which you
had to open with the aid of C-4.