leroy on Tue, 28 Jan 2003 23:10:05 -0500

Re: [PLUG] "Friends don't let friends use Dell"

sometimes doesn't work on those cheap desktop jobs.  i had a compaq
deskpro at my last job that i tried to put linux on.  the video card
wouldn't give me anymore than 320x200 and 16 colors.  tried another video
card but the mobo wouldn't see it (my guess) and monitor never got a
signal.  no options in the bios to disable the on-board video either.
some ass clown at compaq support tried to tell me to go into windows to
disable the video card.  i thought about telling him i was running linux
but then thought better and hung up.

stephen

-- my name is not leroy