gabriel rosenkoetter on Sat, 08 Feb 2003 19:50:30 -0500

Re: [PLUG] Without OS X

[Fred, please cite your quotes. It makes it rather difficult to
respond to them if you don't.]

On Fri, Feb 07, 2003 at 02:40:32PM -0500, Fred K Ollinger wrote:
> You can find the answer to this question here:
>
> http://www.debian.org/ports/

That was a rhetorical question, actually, since I was looking at
that page and Debian will not work on any of those systems.

> Also, there are several forks of the kernel, one of them being Alan Cox's.
> You can create your own fork. However, as people target their patches to
> Linus' you will get more and more out of sych, and soon, the patches won't
> work too well, unless you get back to the main tree.

But why would I want to fork from an architecture-dependent design
when I could just use a portable one, considering I care about
portability?

--
gabriel rosenkoetter
gr@eclipsed.net