Michael C. Toren on Tue, 11 Feb 2003 17:58:08 -0500

Re: [PLUG] Re: ?????????????????????????

> It turns out the spammer was not a list member.  But the post was not
> submitted for approval.  It simply had the appearance of something that
> was passed through the list (according to the headers, anyway... it was
> even sorted into my PLUG folder based on the "List-Post:" header.
> Maybe he just sent it to plug-owner, I don't know.

Yes:

        by quint.netisland.net with ESMTP id h1BHSaU5020305
        for <plug-admin@lists.phillylinux.org>; Tue, 11 Feb 2003 12:29:36 -0500

> In any case, given this is a very localized American mailing list, I've
> set Mailman to hold any posts originating from .jp domains until a
> listmom approves it.

I really don't think that's necessary.  We haven't had a problem with
spammers subscribing and then sending mail to PLUG.

-mct