M.Simons on Sat, 15 Feb 2003 17:30:33 -0500

Re: [PLUG] energy star

> I have one of those energy star monitors.  I'm running Window Maker 0.65
> Seems when I step away from the computer and the energy star turns off
> the monitor, I lose the dial-up ppp connection and activity such as
> printing stops.

That's not your monitor.  You may have different energy star complaint
components, such as the computer itself, the monitor, etc.  Think about
it, the monitor wouldn't halt processes on your PC.  Of course, besides
hardware based energy star complaince there is also software based power
management.

--
msimons@slackware.com INFORMATION*MEDIA*PHOTOGRAPHY msimonsmail@yahoo.com
Creative Arts Resource Project : PTMaterials Exchange : www.pleasetake.org