Martin DiViaio on Sun, 16 Feb 2003 11:21:05 -0500

Re: [PLUG] how to lose your rights and freedom...

[...]

On the 15th day of February in the year 2003 you wrote:

> Date: Sat, 15 Feb 2003 06:42:29 -0500
> From: gabriel rosenkoetter <gr@eclipsed.net>
> To: plug@lists.phillylinux.org
> Subject: Re: [PLUG] how to lose your rights and freedom...
>

> First, no, having knowledge can only be compared to having
> knowledge. We don't lock locksmiths up because they know how to pick
> a lock.
>
> Second, no, having tools is not a crime, as my legally purchased and
> legally owned lockpick set demonstrates.

This is a VERY bad example. In some states it is illegal to own lockpicks
unless you are licensed by the state as a locksmith. Owning a set of
lockpicks is not only illegal you can be charged with any and all breakins
that have been commited (using lockpicks) within anywhere from the last 12
months to the last seven years.