sean finney on Wed, 19 Feb 2003 00:41:03 -0500

Re: [PLUG] Testing a new glibc

heya,

On Tue, Feb 18, 2003 at 09:36:59PM -0500, mjd-lists-plug@plover.com wrote:
> I recently built glibc-3.2 and installed it under /usr/local/glibc-3.2
> instead of in the default place.  Now I want to try it out.  How can
> I tell gcc to use the new libraries and include files instead of the
> old ones?  Do I need to wrte a new specfile?

try some combination of the -nostdinc, -nostdlib,  and -nodefaultlibs
options to gcc and cpp.  i believe some of these have "++" varieties
to, for the object oriented needs.  also, you'll need to explicitly
list the new includes and libraries, maybe something like:

gcc -nostdinc -nostdlib -nodefaultlibs -o foo -L /usr/local/lib -I /usr/local/include foo.c -lgcc -lc

hth
	sean