Edward M. Corrado on Thu, 20 Feb 2003 11:10:35 -0500

Re: [PLUG] OT: Defualt Sun partitions

On Thu, 20 Feb 2003, gabriel rosenkoetter wrote:

> On Thu, Feb 20, 2003 at 09:34:40AM -0500, Edward M. Corrado wrote:
> > Sorry I didn't respond to this sonner, but I've had the flu and haven't
> > been checking my e-mail.
>
> No sweat. You quoted enough (and cited appropriately! :^>) that the
> thread's still clear.

Thanks. I try.

>>> interesting stuff deleted <<<<
>
> Try this:
>
> mkdir -p /export/home/foo
> echo "* localhost:/export/home/&" >> /etc/auto_home
> /etc/init.d/autofs stop && /etc/init.d/autofs start
> cd /home
> ls
> cd foo
> ls /home
>
> Neat, huh?

It worked. That is pretty neat. I've used NFS before, although not
recently and I have never used it with automount this way. If I get some
time today or tomorrow I may set up one of my other Solaris boxes to share
some home directories via NFS to experiment some more before I wipe the
O/S on this machine out and do a fresh install (I really can't live with
the default partitions, and at this point since I haven't done any
customazation it will be easier to do a fresh install then to move
everything around). This way I'll have some idea if/how this will work for
this machine.

Thanks Gabriel, I learned something today.

> gabriel rosenkoetter
> gr@eclipsed.net

Ed C.