Wayne Dawson on Thu, 27 Feb 2003 06:34:06 -0500

Re: [PLUG] organizing files on software Raid (SCSI)

At 06:17 AM 2/27/03 -0500, Chris Hedemark wrote:
On Thursday, February 27, 2003, at 07:01 AM, Wayne Dawson wrote:

Excellent. This is our second most critical machine (email server), so we are setting it up for software RAID1. The database server will use hardware RAID5.

Are you familiar with the performance consequences of RAID 5?

No, actually this is the first time I've used RAID. My boss is much more familiar with RAID, and he decided what raid levels we should use for which machines. What can you tell me about it?

Thanks,
Wayne