kaze on Mon, 3 Mar 2003 23:11:05 -0500

RE: [PLUG] How to pass HOSTNAME to LinkSys DHCP server?

I added the dhcp option line "hostname Emerald" to the "iface eth0 inet
dhcp" stanza. Per "man interfaces" it looks like the appropriate answer to
me. I did a "ifdown eth0", then an "ifup eth0" but the LinkSys GUI still has
no hostname entry for it... I don't seem to have dhcpcd either; might this
be a LinkSys issue which a different DHCP client under Debian would make
work?