Michael Leone on Tue, 4 Mar 2003 09:14:04 -0500

[plug-announce] REMINDER: PLUG Meeting announcement - March 5, 2003 - "Lightning Round" talks]

 PLUG  --  The Philadelphia area Linux Users Group
       Cordially invites you to our next meeting

 Wednesday March 5, 2003 @  The University of the Sciences

             in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.

 The topic of this month's meeting is a special "multi-topic" meeting.
This month, we will have a series of 6 "Lightning Round" presentations -
these are short, 5-10 minutes talks on a variety of topics, from a
variety of speakers.

Specifically, this month's topics and speakers are:

1. Running X apps remotely		 Steven Gran
2. File locking tips and traps		 Mark Jason Dominus
3. Debian Packaging Basics		 John Lavin
4. Awk one-liners			 Jeff Abrahamson
5. Using GPG				 Mike Leone
6. How to create a daemon		 Walt Mankowski
7. PHP                                   Bill Patterson

Additionally, there will be a keysigning held after the meeting (we have 2
new members who wish to join our keyring).

 The meeting will take place from 7PM - 9PM, at:

 University of the Sciences in Philadelphia (USP)
 Rosenberger Hall, Room 102
 600 South 43rd Street
 Philadelphia, PA 19104-4495

 This is in the University City area; directions are available at:
http://www.phillylinux.org/locations/usp.html. The University is also
easily accessible by public transportation.

 Room 102 (our usual meeting location) has professional grade AV
presentation equipment, as well as power and Ethernet connections at
every seat, so feel free to bring your laptop (configured for DHCP
addressing). Room capacity is approximately 90.

 There will be an open Q&A session from 7-8PM, and then the presentation
starts at 8PM. This is an open meeting; all are welcome, and encouraged
to attend.

 Usually, a number of members get together after the meeting at a nearby
resturant, for food and perhaps a beer or two. Come join the camadarie!

Member, LEAF Project <http://leaf.sourceforge.net>    AIM: MikeLeone
Public Key - <http://www.mike-leone.com/~turgon/turgon-public-key.asc>
Registered Linux user# 201348