Martin DiViaio on Sun, 9 Mar 2003 21:41:05 -0500

Re: [PLUG] OT: abuse lists

On the 9th day of March in the year 2003 you wrote:

> Date: Sun, 09 Mar 2003 21:26:15 -0500
> From: Paul <paul@dpagin.net>
> To: plug@lists.phillylinux.org
> Subject: Re: [PLUG] OT: abuse lists
>
> Arthur S. Alexion wrote:
>
> >On Sun, 2003-03-09 at 17:07, Paul wrote:
> >

> >>A not so ideal solution would be to
> >>change your sending e-mail address and put your regular address in the
> >>reply-to field.
> >>

> >Will this actually work?
> >

> Well...I was taking a guess.  Maybe if you create a forwarded address
> you could fool the system without using a different reply-to address.
>  Again, I'm just taking guesses.

Depends on how the block is being applied. If it's by IP then you can
change you email address till doomsday and it won't get through their
server until the block is lifted or you change your server's IP (assuming
they aren't blocking your entire network.)