Stephen Gran on Thu, 13 Mar 2003 19:01:05 -0500

Re: [PLUG] how to know which debian

On Thu, Mar 13, 2003 at 12:53:16PM -0500, Jeff Abrahamson said:
> I have a machine where I don't trust /etc/apt/sources to be
> correct. (In other words, maybe it used to point to testing or
> unstable, but now it says stable, or maybe it hasn't been updated and
> upgraded in a long time.)
>
> Is there an easy way to find out what I'm running?

$ cat /etc/debian_version

It's only correct for versions that either are or have been stable
releases, though.

|  Stephen Gran                  | <Diziet> Fuck, I can't compile the damn |
|  steve@lobefin.net             | thing and I wrote it !                  |