sean finney on Mon, 17 Mar 2003 02:49:36 -0500

Re: [PLUG] Samba almost working

On Sun, Mar 16, 2003 at 04:46:04PM -0500, Arthur S. Alexion wrote:
> I have finally made a serious attempt at getting Samba to work.  At this
> point, the Linux machine can "see" the windows machines, but not vice
> versa.  I am using SWAT, Samba 2.2.1a, smbd and nmbd are reported as
> running, and I have set up one share in addition to the [homes]
> section.  Any ideas where I should look for problems?

in case you haven't try changing these from their defaults:

(assuming you don't want this machine to take over as the master browser)

local master = no
wins server = ip.address.of.server

or...

include = /etc/samba/dhcp.conf

if you have an up to date version of samba and dhcp client, you can get
the info automagically..

hth
	sean