Michael Leone on Mon, 17 Mar 2003 13:11:03 -0500

Re: [PLUG] CLAM Antivirus

Kam Salisbury said:
> Does anyone else on the list use CLAM Antivirus? It seems their site (
> clamav.elektrapro.com ) has been down since before this weekend... maybe
> longer.

No, I use F-Prot to virus scan on my Linux mailserver. However, I'm told
that ClamAV lags behind other Av programs, mostly because they use the
OpenAntiVirus definitions database, which is not updated as frequently as
the commercial AVs. And as such, that it's not recommended as a primary Av
scanner, altho it's good when used in conjunction with another AV program
(and there's a daemon version of ClamAV, too).

Member, LEAF Project <http://leaf.sourceforge.net>    AIM: MikeLeone
Public Key - <http://www.mike-leone.com/~turgon/turgon-public-key.asc>
Registered Linux user# 201348