Tobias DiPasquale on Wed, 19 Mar 2003 18:46:06 -0500

Re: [PLUG] gs ugliness under solaris 8 [OT]

On Wed, 2003-03-19 at 16:55, Fred K Ollinger wrote:
> I am running ghostscript under solaris 8 and graphs have extra unwanted
> vertical lines that run all the way down the screen like rain. Ugly.
>
> The actual .ps files are flawless, they look great upon printout and on
> other machines. Three viewers have been tried: gs, gv, and ghostview. All
> of them look exactly the same (terrible).
>
> I am using the latest version of from sunfreeware.com for solaris 8
> (sparc). I am running in a dual-headed environment.

Translate the .ps to PDF with ps2pdf and go get Acrobat Reader from
adobe.com. This will tell you for sure if its the PostScript or your
display. acroread can handle anything I've ever thrown at it when gs and
the like could not.

As another test, print the PDF to a PS file and view it that way... see
if the display the same. Sometimes, they do not. This might be the
problem. PostScript that prints perfectly is not necessarily correct.

--
Tobias DiPasquale
88FA 30C9 1E63 CFE2 CBD8  37C4 DA1C E2BF 1D26 F036