gabriel rosenkoetter on Fri, 21 Mar 2003 17:31:15 -0500

Re: [PLUG] Update: php prob: downloads empty file

On Fri, Mar 21, 2003 at 05:01:51PM -0500, Samantha S. Ollinger wrote:
> Now I have a problem where the file is downloaded but is completely
> corrupted. On the original when I do a file on it, it says:
> SS/so.tgz:      gzip compressed data - deflate method
>
> After downloading it says:
> so.tgz: data

One end of the connection (probably the server) is matching with the
wrong mime type and transfering as ASCII what needs to be binary.

Try renaming the file so.tar.gz and see if it still happens.

--
gabriel rosenkoetter
gr@eclipsed.net