martin f krafft on Mon, 7 Apr 2003 10:58:06 -0400

[PLUG] Re: General purpose pkgsrc...

also sprach gabriel rosenkoetter <gr@eclipsed.net> [2003.04.07.1532 +0200]:
> You all hear me wanking about NetBSD's pkgsrc, and you may have seen
> me mention how it works plenty of places besides NetBSD.

Maybe you could help out the list(s) and give a clear-cut definition
of the Pros and Cons of pkgsrc.

I, for one, would be interested to hear what pkgsrc can do that
dpkg cannot. Other than it being CVS based and profiting from the
fancy stuff of CVS.

keyserver problems? http://keyserver.kjsl.com/~jharris/keyserver.html
get my key here: http://madduck.net/me/gpg/publickey

micro$oft dns service terminates abnormally
when it receives a response
to a dns query that was never made.
fix information: run your dns service on a different platform.
                                                            -- bugtraq