John Lavin on Sun, 13 Apr 2003 22:12:07 -0400

Re: [PLUG] Mysterious system freeze

eric@lucii.org said:
> It would stop responding to commands, not start new logins, xterms, or
> shells and eventually I would have to press the reset button or power
> off.  It might do this once every two weeks or so (quite infrequently).

I had this a ways back with my Athlon 950.  For me, it was overheating.
I upgraded my fans to get better circulation.

Granted, I had trouble with it ever since I had put the system together
and it was pretty consistently timed between a cold start and freezing
up.

I don't know if you're starting to overheat, but I had similar errors in
my logs.  If it didn't happen ever since you've had the system, maybe
one of the fans isn't spinning for some reason -- have you moved or
added things lately?

Good Luck,
-john
--
John Lavin <jlavin@wayreth.net> http://www.wayreth.net                  ,''`.
Fingerprint: B0AA 4A33 D43F BA67 E524  22F3 DA3B F8C8 2BA4 8C46        : :' :