Jason Costomiris on Mon, 14 Apr 2003 09:17:07 -0400

Re: [PLUG] to mod_perl, or not

On Friday, April 11, 2003, at 02:43 PM, gabriel rosenkoetter wrote:

On Fri, Apr 11, 2003 at 11:33:46AM -0700, Marc Zucchelli wrote:
If not, can I configured mod_perl for certain vhosts, and suexec
for others?

Have you tried just doing the LoadModule and AddModule commands for mod_perl withing the VirtualHost block?

I believe modules are only loaded "globally" so to speak.

What you could do is just load the module, and only put the configuration parameters for it in the appropriate vhost. That is of course, unless you're using apache2, in which case running as several different users is a realistic proposition. I'd be careful though, mod_perl 1.99 (which will become 2.0 at some point) is a bit on the unstable side, at least in my experience -- enough so that I retreated to apache1.

--
Jason Costomiris <><
E: jcostom {at} jasons {dot} org / W: http://www.jasons.org/