Tom Diehl on Wed, 16 Apr 2003 10:20:14 -0400

[PLUG] Re: Local Mirrors?

On Tue, 15 Apr 2003, Sergey Ostrovsky wrote:

> [...]

If your are/were trying to use BitTorrent over ADSL you need to limit the
outbound bandwidth. In my experience once you do that it works like a champ.
Took me 2 days to figure that out though. There is an option for limiting
it but I do not remember what it was. :-( I got all 7 iso's from BitTorrent
and the md5sums matched Red Hat's. Also someone else mentioned poking holes
in the firewall. It would appear to me that this is no longer necessary.
I tried doing this initally but it made no difference. Even once I got it
working it made no difference in performance if I had the ports open or closed.

HTH.

--
.............Tom	"Nothing would please me more than being able to
tdiehl@rogueind.com	hire ten programmers and deluge the hobby market

   			We are still waiting ....