Jason Costomiris on Sat, 19 Apr 2003 20:53:17 -0400

Re: [PLUG] IBM Thinkpad T22

On Saturday, April 19, 2003, at 02:21 PM, gabriel rosenkoetter wrote:

On Fri, Apr 18, 2003 at 11:49:54PM -0400, Jason Costomiris wrote:
XFree 4.x was pretty much needed, but worked very well.

Not sure I quite catch the drift... are you saying that the video gremlins I see in text console mode after starting X on my 760 series laptops are something I can expect to continue to see on the much later laptop?

(Not a huge deal for me or, apparently, for you...)

Not at all.. I meant that you had to use XFree 4.x, as there wasn't a 3.x server that worked with the chipset in the laptop. You should be fine.

On a sort of related note, if you don't already have the T22, and don't need to always have the optical drive, consider the X23. I ran RH8 on one for a while before selling it, and loved it. Amazingly light and great battery life. Smallish screen (12.1"), but still looked great at 1024x768. It used a Radeon 7000 for the video, so it always looked great. I also ran Gentoo on it for a while, and that worked well too.

--
Jason Costomiris <><
E: jcostom {at} jasons {dot} org / W: http://www.jasons.org/