M.Simons on Mon, 5 May 2003 13:36:14 -0400

Chris - at small Re: [PLUG] John Voris - at large

On Mon, 5 May 2003, Chris Hedemark wrote:
> doesn't work.  abuse@axs2000.net doesn't work.  I'm pasting the headers
> here in case anyone has reason to believe that this *isn't* John Voris
> spamming me.  I've asked him to stop spamming me once before, and I
> have been spammed again.  I mention it here because he mentions the

> My server is in North Carolina.  I could use a trip back home for
> awhile and am thinking along the lines of filing a claim at the Durham
> County courthouse.

So, quit being a moron.  The guy's email address is clearly there.  You
NEED a reply-to to send email?  It doesn't look particularly munged to
me, even then, you can't edit a to: field? You post a header with no
message.  So what WAS this 'spam'?

So, maybe the guy made a mistake.  Or maybe he never got your inital email
asking him to take you off the list.  Who knows WHY he is sending you
whatever he is sending you? Personally I've never gotten anything out of
line from him, and he is on both the PLUG list, and my non profit's email
lists.  He even occasionally sends applicable and appropriate emails.

A claim on what?  Does North Carolina now have an anti-spam bill?

Is this even spam? You include a header and no actual indication of the
content of his message.

--
msimons@slackware.com INFORMATION*MEDIA*PHOTOGRAPHY msimonsmail@yahoo.com
Creative Arts Resource Project : PTMaterials Exchange : www.pleasetake.org