Jeff 'Jephree' Mealo on Thu, 8 May 2003 15:07:24 -0400

[PLUG] Re: plug digest, Vol 1 #604 - 12 msgs

I forgot what a great place this is to exchange computer equipment, rather
than sending it to landfills*.  I have an HP Jet Direct print server, it
works great... Problem? I didn't really use it besides testing it and finding
out "Gee whiz! this is the Netware version" unfortunately this was about a
year before bios flashing in network sharing devices became standard
procedure.  The second revision to the bios/firmware added TCP/IP support...
If anyone can use this I'd be willing to let it go or swap, or if you have
experience with netware emulation on linux and would like to help me out I'd
appreciate it.

I suppose to keep this from being a "Hardware Classified Ad" their should be
some rules in place if not already (I joined pretty late in the game...), so
if this message is considered off-topic my apologies.

- Jeff

*By the way, in regards to monitors besides dropping them off at let's say
Circuit City or chain stores as I've been told will take them on their next
load to the proper disposal destination (I don't trust them personally :-\)?