Jeff Abrahamson on Wed, 14 May 2003 11:11:09 -0400

Re: [PLUG] Graduate CS programs in Philly area

On Tue, May 13, 2003 at 02:17:48PM -0400, Paul.L.Snyder@gsk.com wrote:
>   [26 lines, 111 words, 946 characters]  Top characters: _enatois
>
> Does anyone have thoughts on graduate computer science programs in the
> Philadelphia area?  I'm considering pursuing a degree, and am trying to
> figure out what options are available.
>
> As a constraint, I'll be working full-time, so late afternoon/evening
> courses are a must.
>
> Offhand, I know that Drexel and Temple have evening CS grad courses.  How
> are their programs regarded? I know that UPenn is well-respected, but they
> don't offer evenings.  Anybody gone to any of these schools?
>
> Any thoughts or advice appreciated.

I'm currently working on a PhD at Drexel in CS.

The graduate program has changed a great deal in the last five years
or so as Drexel is trying to make itself be less of a commuter
school. And, for part time study, the price and schedule is quite
good, as all courses are offered from 6-9 p.m. Monday through
Thursday.

There's still some cruft, as there is anywhere, but in general I've
been quite impressed.

Feel free to ping me with concrete questions.

--
 Jeff